1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? Made a budget.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Humbug.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Tons of you. Please stop, you’re scaring me.
4. Did anyone close to you die? The man who preformed my marriage ceremony.
5. What countries did you visit? India, China, Singapore, the Turks and Caicos.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Better time management skillz.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Not how my mind works.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Got myself to Asia and back.
9. What was your biggest failure? Insufficient ambition, as usual.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really.
11. What was the best thing you bought? All that’s coming to mind was a particularly rockin’ Boullabasse.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Dunno, the whole US reacting to Katrina was pretty cool.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? GW
14. Where did most of your money go? Debt.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The demolition derby
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Photograph, Nickleback.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? Happier
b. thinner or fatter? Less maniacal, therefore fatter.
c. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wasted time. Like, well, now for example.
20. How [did you spend] Christmas? With the fam.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? redmed
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? As usual, with myself.
23. How many one-night stands? Ha.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Serenity
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? GW. Last year was disdain. I’ve moved on.
26. What was the best book you read? No Country For Old Men Cormac MacCarthy
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Black Eyed Peas
28. What did you want and get? Adventure and a rock star lifestyle.
29. What did you want and not get? Ownership in my company
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Serenity.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 30. Received two trophies for surviving so long.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? About 10 free roundtrip airfares.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Black.
34. What kept you sane? My friends
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Right now? Aeon Flux
36. What political issue stirred you the most? GW
37. Who did you miss? Todd, of the Mighty Hammer Brewery
38. Who was the best new person you met? Vinny
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Sometimes, people are looking for you to answer their question with an answer, not another question.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Why don’t presidents fight the war?
Why do we always send the poor?”